Sweet & Simple - and maybe one the kids can help with?
|Holly Jolly Christmas|
Heres your recipe:
Card base 8.5x5.5" Red card stock (folded in half to 4.25x5.5")
White strip 2" x 5.5" edges distressed or torn for a "fuzzy" effect
Optional - inking edges of white for dimension
Black 1.25" x 4.25"
Gold 2" x 2" with slits cut 1/2" in from edges (slits should be 1.25" long)
Sentiment stamped and punched - I used the Curly Punch which coordinates with the stamp from Christmas Punch set, but you could also use other coordinating stamps/punches that fit in the same area
adhere white layer first, then put your "belt" together and position "buckle" in line with white layer, adhere
tuck sentiment into belt and adhere
- Emboss the belt with black embossing, snowflakes or ornaments, "HoHoHo" sentiments
- Use shimmer spray (Smooch Silver Foil) on the belt or on the white strip (Smooch Vanilla Shimmer)
- Use Metal/foil sheets to fashion belt buckle
- Emboss belt buckle with clear embossing, swirls or pattern (texture if your using metal/foil)
- Emboss your sentiment
Want to translate to Scrapbooking?
- This would be a great page in a mini album! The cover - with the Year on the little sentiment tag?
- Increase your dimensions to 6x6 or 8x8 and you'd have a spot in the upper right to add a picture with Santa or a nice family shot in front of the tree!
- You could add photos down the strip of white, or a cute close up in the belt buckle. (perfect for those small phone-photos that print best at small sizes)
- Would be a nice festive Page-in-a-Frame to display at the holidays - 12x12 size would also be great to frame and give as a gift - nice group shot (class, club, friends, or family) in the space to the upper right?
- Great gift wrap - red wrapping paper, white ribbon and a black paper belt? Cuteness!
- Door Decoration - the entire door, or a cute plaque in the center?
- Table Decor - red table cloth, white table runner, and another black table runner with a gold charger? Would look sweet on a kids table or the food table....
You're off to visit YOLONDA at stop #9