You love Build-A-Bear Workshop; now you can create your own Build-A-Bear Workshop bears to use on scrapbooks, birthday cards, party invitations, and more! Just like you can personalize a plush Build-A-Bear teddy bear, you can customize and personalize your die-cut bear using the colors and materials you want. Use Stampin’ Up!’s exclusive Bear Bigz die to create your basic bear, and then let your imagination run free!
Here are some BEARy cute ideas - perfect for friends and family! (and great craft show or boutique ideas!)
Michelles Rubber Room - Michelle used adhesive magnet sheets & Stampin' Up! cardstocks and designer papers to create dress-up Bears and their accessories, then added adorable backgrounds for playtime, and collected everything into metal DVD tins! Really a clever gift!
My Life's Art shows a sample from Convention on the Build-a-Bear bags made using the die cuts on fabric and fusing it to a canvas bag! Sweet!
This would be a really fun Baby Shower activity/gift! Die Cut White fabric and have guests color with fabric markers and then iron on to Onsies or Blankets; or using various fabrics create mix and match but coordinated sets of sweats and blankets and hats and bags and... you get the idea :-)
These dies are great because there are so many uses for them - the Sizzix Big Shot dies can actually cut through 50+ types of material!!
Ideas to get you going:
- Bath Toys (poly foam sheets),
- decorating jackets and pants sets with various fabrics
- creating fun family decals for the car or cooler (always know yours at the game!)
- cutting colored beeswax you could make some great candle gifts for the mother to be, or PAWsitively adorable matched favors for her baby shower
- Tin or aluminum cut outs would make some garden Beary beautiful wind chimes or garden markers, fun walk-way greeters for the Halloween or Christmas Holidays with the adorable costumes!
- make great wall art for your little ones room using vinyl sheets -- at a fraction of the cost for custom decals! You could decorate the walls, a dresser, a coat rack, toy boxes, bookshelves -- all coordinated, and made by hand with love! Think of the savings if you re-purpose some furniture and give it a whole new spin with these cute Bears!
- static-cling vinyl would make for some great re-usable window decorations! Holiday Cheer!
- Decorate binders or journals
These Bears make great accessories for favors, gifts, scrapbooks and frames, and home decor. And have you tried out the Big Shot - it is EASY to use!The following materials work well when creating die cuts with the Big Shot machine and Bigz and Originals dies. Please note the maximum thickness of several materials. As a rule of thumb, you can cut a material with your Big Shot machine and Bigz or Originals dies if you can cut it using your Craft & Paper Scissors.
Thick corkboard - Thick chipboard (59 mil) - Colored magnet - Paper wood - Balsa wood (3/32") - Bass wood (1/16") - Metal mesh - Aluminum (.016) - Tin (.008) - Adhesive and non-adhesive mat board - Vinyl - Static cling vinyl - Shrink film - Vellum - Card stock - Contact paper - Fabric - Canvas - Iron-on fabric - Soft plush fabric - Burlap - Velvet - Corduroy - Lace - Heavyweight denim - Terry cloth - Funky fur - thin leather - Quilt batting - Warm & natural batting - Fusible fleece - self-adhesive craft metal - Self-adhesive cork - Self-adhesive foam - self-adhesive magnet - Self-adhesive felt - Adhesive and non-adhesive rubber - Pop up sponge
- Poly foam - 100% pure beeswax (cut with parchment paper on top & bottom of beeswax.)
Please let me know if you need more ideas or instructions...
Like What You See? Why don't you try out my Big Shot Club!